If you walked into our kitchen and opened the fridge the first thing you are most likely to notice is the abundance of coconut water!
We use Coconut Water in a lot of our smoothie recipes. We love that it’s light, fresh and compliments the StayStrongMummy Coconut Whey Protein Blend to a T!
Coconut water has so many Super health benefits – check out some of our favourite below.
- Coconut water helps increase your metabolism and is the perfect replacement for soft drinks and sugar laden sports drinks, its contains 5gm of sugars compared to 15-25gm in some sports beverages
- It is extremely hydrating, and a natural isotonic that contains 15 times more potassium than more sports drinks. It’s also a great hangover cure!
- Coconut water is nutrient dense and can help you feel full for longer leaving you to less likely to snack on unhealthy snacks
- It moisturises your skin from the inside out, which explains why so many skin care companies use coconut in their products
- Coconut water is so pure it contains the same electrolyte balance found in our blood. The amazing thing is developing countries use it intravenously when medical saline is not available
- Coconuts high fibre content can help a sluggish digestion, soothe reflux, indigestion and stomach upsets
- Coconut water is an antibacterial it is used to kill lipid-coated viruses such as HIV, and various pathogenic bacteria. It can also help reduce vomiting (super handy for the kiddies when they are sick)
- Coconut water is alkalizing and helps increase the body’s PH levels, reduce acidity in the body that can cause inflammation
Which brand is best?
- Look for 100% Natural Coconut Water
- Check for any additives or sweeteners
We love Jt’s coconut essence, it is 100% natural, has a lovely mild flavour is reasonably priced and comes in a variety of sizes.