Sausage Casserole Recipe
Who doesn’t remember their mums curried sausages for dinner? This recipe is a little different from the typical curried sausages, we didn’t add in any curry and used all whole food ingredients. We think it could be the best tasting Sausage Casserole ever!
Typically pork sausages are used this dish, you can also use beef or chicken. Its worth in buying good quality sausages that are grass-fed and gluten-free. Most butchers and supermarkets off a wide range these days.
This recipe was made in one pot that can be put on a stove and in an oven, if you don’t have one you can make this in a big pot on the stove. If you don’t have a leek you can just add an extra onion.
What’s in it?
1 onion finely sliced
1 leek finely sliced (white part)
1 clove garlic crushed
1 carrot diced
2-3 white potatoes diced
1 small purple sweet potato diced
2 stalks celery sliced
1 cup stock of choice
1 can crushed tomatoes
6-8 gluten-free sausages sliced
1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- Pre heat oven to 160-170 degrees
- In a stove friendly casserole dish Sauté vegetables in olive oil
- Add sausages, tin of tomatoes and stock
- Stir and place in oven for 45 minutes or until the potatoes are tender. (Check and stir a few times while cooking)
- Serve with brown rice,quinoa or mashed potato