Roasted Pumpkin & Sweet Potato Soup Recipe
This creamy sweet Roasted Pumpkin & Sweet Potato Soup Recipe is our kids all time favourite soup recipe!
The pumpkin and sweet potato are naturally sweet so minimal ingredients are needed. We love that its full of vegetables that will nourish our little ones growing bodies!
What you need..
1 half butternut pumpkin peeled and chopped into cubes
1 medium to large sweet potato peeled and chopped in to cubes
1-2 brown onions diced
1-cloves garlic diced or minced
2 celery stalks sliced
1 carrot peeled and diced
3 tbsp olive or coconut oil
1/2 litre water (more if needed)
1 tablespoon organic vegetable stock powder
- Pre-heat oven to 160-180 degrees
- Line large baking tray with baking paper and spread out pumpkin and sweet potato, drizzle with oil and season with sea salt and cracked pepper
- Place tray in oven and bake until golden and vegetables are soft. Approximately 30-40 min
- Meanwhile in a large pot sauté the onion, garlic and remaining vegetables until soft and remove from heat
- Once pumpkin and sweet potato are cooked add to the pot with the onion, garlic and other vegetables
- Top with water and bring to boil and add stock. Put the lid on and let simmer for 20 minutes. Stir frequently. Add more water if needed.
- Remove from pot and puree in blender or food processor until creamy and smooth.
- Serve in individual bowls and add a dollop of sour cream or coconut cream if desired.