Roasted Capsicum & Tomato Soup Recipe
Like smoothies soups are a life saver for busy mums! They can be pre prepared, stored in the fridge or freezer and can be taken anywhere with you.
Most importantly they are a fantastic way to get an more of nutrients into our families diet.. the more the better!
It is now recommended that we eat 5 servings of vegetables a day!
What you need..
1 leek washed & chopped
2 large brown onions chopped
2 cloves of garlic minced
4 slices free range bacon (optional) chopped
1 red chilli or chilli flakes (optional) sliced
4 red capsicums cut into squares
1 – 2kg truss tomatoes chopped
1 tablespoon of Olive Oil
1 tablespoon organic vegetable stock powder
1-2 litres of water
- Heat olive oil in a big pot on the stove
- Add onions, leek, garlic, bacon and chilli
- Lay capsicum onto baking tray and spray with olive oil (season with salt and pepper) place into pre heated oven at 180 degrees
- Cook until soft and start to brown not burn (approx 40 min)
- Add to pot capsicum and tomatoes to the pot, top with water and stock. You may only need a small amount of water. This will depend on how thick you like your soup.
- Bring to boil for 2-5 minutes the simmer for approx 30 minutes Stir regularly
- Remove from heat and puree to desired consistency. Season with salt and pepper is optional.