Cauliflower & Broccoli Soup Recipe
Continuing with our winter warmer series this Cauliflower & Broccoli Soup Recipe is a one pot wonder!
It is surprisingly creamy without the cream! You are welcome to play around with recipe. You can omit the broccoli and just have it as a cauliflower soup instead!
6 – 8 Serves
What you need..
1 medium cauliflower cut into small florets
1 small broccoli head cut into small florets
1 leek cleaned & sliced
2 onions chopped
2 cloves of garlic chopped
2 bacon bones (optional)
1 tablespoon of olive or coconut oil
1-2 litres of water or stock (it you like your soup thick just add enough to cover the simmering vegetables)
- Heat oil in large soup pot and add leek, onion, garlic. Sautee until soft
- Add cauliflower and broccoli to the pot
- Add bacon bones, cover with water. Bring to the boil then simmer up to 60 minutes with lid on.
- Stir regularly. Add more water if needed
- When cooked through remove bacon bones. Broccoli and cauliflower should be soft. Remove from heat and puree wait until cooled and puree in food processor or blender.
- Note: Vegetable or chicken stock can be used in replace of bacon bones. Top with chopped avocado or a little sour cream.