Chocolate Caramel Slice Recipe
Raw slices are our way of making sure we don’t miss out on a little treat every now and again. When I made this one in the picture above I did cheat a little. I was low on dates (I only had 4) for the caramel filling so I added a little maple syrup instead. I also was short of time so I bought some good quality 80% dark chocolate for the topping. That’s the great thing about raw treats you can easily change ingredients around and they always end up tasting great!
What you need..
1-cup almonds (soaked in water overnight and rinsed)
1 cup dates, pitted and chopped
¼ cup coconut oil or ghee (melted)
1 ¼ cup raw cashews (soaked overnight)
¼ cup coconut milk (we use Ayam Brand)
1-cup coconut oil
2 cups dates, pitted and chopped
1/3-cup coconut oil
2-3 tbsp. cacao powder
¼ cup rice malt syrup or honey
1 tbsp. coconut cream
- For the base place nuts into the food processor and blitz until they break down, add SSM Protein Blend, dates and coconut oil.
- Blitz again until combined. Ingredients should stick together. Add more coconut oil if too dry.
- Transfer in to a lined baking tray, line with glad wrap or baking paper. Place in refrigerator or freezer to set.
- For the caramel, place cashews into food processor or blender and blitz until broken down. Add coconut milk, dates and coconut oil.
- Blitz until you get a smooth batter and then gently smooth out on to the base and place into the freezer until it becomes hard to touch.
- For the chocolate topping place all ingredients into the food processor and blitz until smooth. Spread evenly onto the caramel. Place into the freezer for a few hours or until chocolate is set
- Remove and cut into small squares. Heat knife under hot water before cutting Store in freezer as it will melt quickly.